Since 1995 the 'Man, Dog, Boat' sculpture at the entrance to Gasworks Arts Park has been an iconic feature for all its visitors, as well as becoming the Park's official logo.
If you have not had the pleasure of visiting before, Gasworks is a not-for-profit community arts centre based in Albert Park, which used to be a working gas works. The beautiful old buildings have since been renovated; converted into theatres and studios for a range of workshops and performances.
Gasworks Arts Park are inviting children, up to the age of 17, to write and/or illustrated the story behind these mysterious characters.
Entries will be exhibited in the 'Man, Dog, Boat Exhibition and Award Ceremony' opening on Saturday 19 November.
You can enter individually or as a group - so get your friends, families and classes involved. Kids are encouraged to be as inventive and creative as possible!
- Write the story of the characters and how they ended up on the boat (Who are they? Where are they from?)
- Use the sculpture as inspiration for your own illustrations of their adventures
- Create a story board or graphic novel
- Use visual media such as Imovie to make an animation filming your drawings
- Create a 3D sculpture inspired by the characters
For more ideas visit the Man, Dog, Boat Wikispace... and add to our